Position Title: Development Officer
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: Bend the Arc National Office, New York, NY
Department and Position Overview:
The Development department is responsible for revenue generation for Bend the Arc’s family of organizations: Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) organizing, education and leadership arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) advocacy arm; and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC. The Development Officer is a critical member of the Development team and is responsible for stewarding regionally based donors and prospects of $1,000 plus. The Development Officer works closely with the CEO, the CEO’s executive assistant and the Director of Development to create, implement and oversee a comprehensive moves management program for those donors, including annual revenue projections and multiple opportunities for engagement.
- Create and implement a city based moves management/stewardship program for individual donors and prospects of $1,000 plus
- Partner with the CEO and other members of the senior leadership team to provide stewardship of donors they solicit
- Monitor and track revenue for all assigned donors
- Maintain and update donor files in Raiser’s Edge
- Brief and debrief solicitors prior to and following meetings and events
- Conduct donor research, prepare donor packets for meetings, and gather and maintain relevant and timely donor collateral materials
- Work with the CEO’s executive assistant to schedule meetings and draft personalized updates and other correspondence to donors and prospects
- Increase retention rates and maximize support from current donors by creating and implementing donor engagement plans for donors and prospects including individual meetings, parlor meetings, special events, donor briefing calls and opportunities to “see the work”
- Identify, prioritize and cultivate potential new individual major donors
- Establish benchmarks for progress and success in partnership with the Director of Development, and monitor results against revenue goals
- Provide support to the Development team on any programs or special events
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of Bend the Arc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to initiate and manage multiple complex projects and work effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet established deadlines
- Strong project and relationship management experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work evenings or on weekends based on need
- Experience with a moves management protocol
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Google platforms
- Experience working with development databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in nonprofit development
Compensation and Hours:
This is a full-time position, with evening or weekend hours based on need. Salary is competitive and appropriate to experience, and includes health and other benefits.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Officer - NY” in the subject line of your message. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.