Job Opening: Digital Associate
Start Date: Immediately
Location: New York City, Washington, DC, or Los Angeles preferred. Qualified candidates who live elsewhere in the U.S. will be considered for remote work.
About Bend the Arc:
Bend the Arc is a movement of over 125,000 progressive Jews across America who are working together to achieve our vision: to transform our country to be inclusive, equitable, and supportive of the dignity of every person across race, class, gender and faith. We are the only national Jewish organization focused exclusively on social change in the U.S.
For years, we’ve worked to build a more just society. Now we’re fighting for the soul of our nation and rising up in solidarity with everyone threatened by the Trump Administration’s attacks on immigrants, Muslims, people of color, our communities, and our democracy.
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of:
- Bend the Arc: Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) organizing and advocacy arm
- Bend the Arc: Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates for federal office who champion our values
- Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) education and leadership arm.
Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and Oakland, with a network of staffed chapters, volunteer-led local groups, and affiliates organizing nationwide.
Bend the Arc is seeking a Digital Associate to help manage digital relationships with our growing community and support the email and website production needs of the communications team across multiple areas of work — from issue and electoral campaigns to leadership programs to our upcoming 2020 conference.
The Digital Associate will report to the Digital Organizing Manager, and will work collaboratively across Bend the Arc’s impact team (including Communications, Field, and DC staff).
Do you get how the internet — email, web, video, and social media — can support activism? Is your writing clear and compelling? Are you quick, collaborative, and creative? If so, read on!
Here’s what you’d do in the job:
- Build emails and website pages with basic HTML; test and copy-edit emails to ensure quality.
- Draft and edit emails, text blasts, social media content, and website pages.
- Update website content through NationBuilder.
- Engage and respond to Bend the Arc’s community through our national social media channels and general email inboxes; answer or redirect inquiries.
- Manage our communications and field database in Nationbuilder.
- Organize and maintain Bend the Arc’s media archive. Edit and re-touch photos as directed.
- Track, report, and learn from data analytics on the performance of digital content.
You could be great for this job if you have:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience (paid or unpaid).
- Experience contributing to social media channels for a campaign, brand, or organization.
- Experience supporting digital organizing, like updating a website, posting to a blog, building an email blast, writing a text blast.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; meticulous attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines with a commitment to quality.
- Creativity, flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with unanticipated opportunities to advance Bend the Arc’s mission.
- Commitment to social justice, to anti-oppression practices, to the values and goals of Bend the Arc, and to working at a values-based organization with a high emphasis on mutual respect and intentional workplace culture.
Although not required, a strong candidate may also have some of the following:
- Experience managing content and relationships in a CMS or CRM, especially Nationbuilder.
- Experience with data and analytics — web, social media, email.
- Experience with graphic design or video editing, especially for distribution on social media.
- Experience with distributed organizing tools.
- An understanding of the policy and political landscape around immigration and elections.
- Active involvement in social movements that work to support immigrant rights, racial justice, economic justice and/or protecting our democracy.
- Racial equity or anti-oppression training
Compensation, Benefits and Work Schedule:
This is a full-time position, with occasional evening and weekend work based on need. The annual salary range is $45,000 to $50,000 depending on experience.
Bend the Arc offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits fully paid for by Bend the Arc for individual coverage and generous employer contribution of 80% toward monthly premiums for dependent and family coverage;
- Long and short term disability benefits fully paid for by Bend the Arc;
- 401K with employer contribution of 2% after your first year;
Paid time off including:
- 15 vacation days during your first three years with an increase to 20 vacation days in your fourth year
- 12 sick days per year
- 23 paid holidays each year
- Generous Caregiving / Personal Leave of Absence policy with a Paid Leave Benefit that covers 3 weeks of paid leave for each year of employment, up to 12 paid weeks after four years on staff
- Fully paid Sabbatical of up to 12 weeks for long-term employees;
- Adoption Assistance Program providing reimbursement of up to $1,500 for qualified adoption expenses;
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account;
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account for eligible health related expenses
- Commuter Benefits;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Life Insurance fully paid for by Bend the Arc
- And more!
In addition to this benefits package, Bend the Arc has a commitment to a thriving and intentional organizational culture, as well as a commitment with staff and board to be in ongoing practice and learning around racial equity and inclusion.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Associate” in the subject line of your message. Your cover letter should share why you want to work at Bend the Arc, as well as an example of an impact you’ve made online.
The deadline to apply is 11/11/19 or until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that interviews will begin when a critical mass of applications are received, so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
No phone calls please. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
Bend the Arc values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture because we recognize that diversity within our staff helps us organize and work well with diverse Jewish and progressive constituencies. Candidates should be willing to work within the Jewish community, but may be of any (or no) faith or background. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction. Bend the Arc is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.