You are invited to a weekend of learning, Jewish inspiration and community building with leaders from Bend the Arc’s chapters and moral minyans in Eastern region, including a gathering for Jews of Color.
This regional gathering is designed to strengthen leadership for the next crucial period of Jewish resistance, with a focus on political education, skill building, and relationship building as vital practices to rise to this political moment and support our ongoing sustainability as a movement.
There is a complementary program that begins Friday, July 13 in the evening for Jews of Color. You will have the option to sign up for these programs when you register.
What to expect:
- An energizing gathering of 50+ volunteer leaders
- Training in nonviolent direct action as a strategy, including reasoning, principles, and roles including Jewish spiritual practice and tradition
- For Jews of Color: A space to build community with one another, in support of JOCs taking leadership in the progressive movement and Bend the Arc
- Racial Justice training + anti-oppression training
Food will be vegetarian. Kosher food, childcare, and travel scholarships are available, please request when you register.
- We strive to make sure that this gathering is accessible to everyone regardless of financial ability. We are offering this gathering on a sliding scale.
- We welcome all levels of Shabbat observance and want to make sure that this gathering reflects that to the best of our ability. We are planning dedicated JOC programming starting with Shabbat dinner on Friday evening and community building programming on Saturday morning. The Saturday programming is being developed to require no participant writing. We will also accommodate any and all participants who arrive on Friday for Shabbat observance (all programming spaces are walkable to multiple synagogues and we will provide kosher food) or travel.
- All food will be kosher. If you have additional dietary needs please indicate in your registration.
- We are holding a block of rooms at a nearby hotel (check out http://www.fairhotel.org/ to learn more about socially responsible union hotels). We have negotiated a special rate and once you have registered you will be sent a link to book your hotel (we encourage participants to coordinate with others to share rooms). Deadline to book is June 30. Please contact Jared Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for housing assistance as needed.
This convening is by invitation-only. If you are interested in bringing additional guests please be in touch with your organizer. If you are interested in attending please contact Graie.