Position Title: Jeremiah and Field Team Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Jeremiah Fellowship National Director
Location: Oakland, CA
Hours: Full Time
Bend the Arc is a movement of over 125,000 progressive Jews across America who are working together to achieve our vision: to transform our country to be inclusive, equitable, and supportive of the dignity of every person across race, class, gender and faith. We are the only national Jewish organization focused exclusively on social change in the U.S.
For years, we’ve worked to build a more just society. Now we’re fighting for the soul of our nation and rising up in solidarity with everyone threatened by the Trump Administration’s attacks on immigrants, Muslims, people of color, our communities, and our democracy.
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc: Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) organizing and advocacy arm; Bend the Arc: Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates for federal office who champion our values; and Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) education and leadership arm. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with volunteer-led local groups organizing nationwide.
The primary function of the Administrative Assistant is to provide support for the Jeremiah Fellowship and Jeremiah staff, who are part of the Field Team. The Jeremiah Fellowship, a part-time six month national leadership development program, plays a key role in building Bend the Arc’s base of skilled and informed leaders. The Jeremiah Fellowship offers young adult Jews committed to social justice the opportunity to lead organizing work in their city; explore how Jewish values, culture and community can support and further their goals; and teaches them critical leadership skills while taking part in Bend the Arc’s social, political, and racial justice campaigns and advocacy.
The secondary function of the Administrative Assistant position will be to support the Field Team as a whole, including in particular administrative support for Bay Area organizing work. Additionally, this position is responsible for supporting some events and campaigns, including through data management and digital promotion, and other administrative duties as assigned, including some support for the Oakland office.
- Provide administrative support for the Jeremiah Fellowship, Bay Area organizing work, and other Field Team needs
- Support execution of contracts, reports, and payments
- Oversee logistical needs for in person trainings organized by our field team of organizers and trainers as well as for bi-annual national Jeremiah Fellowship overnight retreats, including securing retreat sites, organizing participant and staff travel for up to 100 people, communicating with vendors, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Collect and organize all online or print materials for monthly Jeremiah Fellowship training sessions
- Manage field administrative needs including management of online event pages, websites and email communication; financial and reimbursement support; budget tracking, with a focus on the organizing work in the Bay Area.
- Provide general support for events, campaigns, and teams as needed
- Facilitate resolution of IT issues in office by liaising with IT support and tracking progress
- Post events to Bend the Arc national and regional websites to support Jeremiah and Field Team needs
- Create flyers and provide assistance in creation of print materials
- Maintain organized systems for materials, documents, and supplies in the Bay Area Office, as well as order supplies and send packages
- Other organizational administrative duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 1 year of previous administrative/office management experience
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of Bend the Arc
- Highly organized and resourceful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills; ability to track multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills. Preferred platforms are Google (Drive, Hangouts, Gmail, etc.); NationBuilder or similar; Asana and Slack; Relay or Get Thru (peer to peer texting tools)
- Previous professional experience coordinating travel arrangements preferred
- Experience working with social justice, economic justice, racial justice or Jewish organizations preferred
Compensation and Hours: This is a full-time position, with occasional evening or weekend work based on need. The annual salary range is $46,000 to $48,000 DOE, and includes paid time off, health benefits and 401K with employer contribution.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Jeremiah and Field Team Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your message. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview. Position open until filled.
Bend the Arc values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture because we recognize that diversity within our staff helps us organize and work well with diverse Jewish and progressive constituencies. Candidates should be willing to work within the Jewish community, but may be of any (or no) faith or background. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction. Bend the Arc is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.