Position Title: Pursuing Justice 2020 Administrative Assistant
Reports to: National Conference Manager
Location: New York, NY
Hours: Part time (10-15 hours a week), temporary through May 15, 2020
Bend the Arc is a movement of over 125,000 progressive Jews across America who are working together to achieve our vision: to transform our country to be inclusive, equitable, and supportive of the dignity of every person across race, class, gender and faith. We are the only national Jewish organization focused exclusively on social change in the U.S.
For years, we’ve worked to build a more just society. Now we’re fighting for the soul of our nation and rising up in solidarity with everyone threatened by the Trump Administration’s attacks on immigrants, Muslims, people of color, our communities, and our democracy.
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc: Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) organizing and advocacy arm; Bend the Arc: Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates for federal office who champion our values; and Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) education and leadership arm. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with volunteer-led local groups organizing nationwide.
Bend the Arc’s national conference, Pursuing Justice 2020, will bring together progressive activists and organizers who root their work in Jewish values for three days of learning, connection, and solidarity in Washington DC. The primary function of the Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative and logistical support for Bend the Arc’s National Conference and the National Conference Manager.
- Provide general administrative support for Pursuing Justice 2020
- Support execution of contracts, reports, and payments
- Support registration management and data organization on back end of registration portal
- Complete tasks as needed for program development, speaker stewardship, and materials/handout tracking
- Support planning for on-site needs including space and culture work and accessibility needs
- Other organizational administrative and logistical duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of one year of previous administrative/conference or event administration experience, including working with vendors
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of Bend the Arc
- Highly organized and resourceful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills; ability to track multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills; comfortable learning and using new technology. Preferred platforms are Google (Drive, Hangouts, Gmail, etc.); Cvent; Slack; Relay or Get Thru (peer to peer texting tools)
- Previous professional experience coordinating conferences or other large-scale events preferred
- Experience working with social justice, economic justice, racial justice or Jewish organizations preferred
Compensation and Hours: This is a part-time, hourly position. Rate of pay is $15-$20 per hour, depending on experience.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with “Pursuing Justice 2020 Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your message. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please. We sincerely regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview. Position open until filled.
Bend the Arc values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture because we recognize that diversity within our staff helps us organize and work well with diverse Jewish and progressive constituencies. Candidates should be willing to work within the Jewish community, but may be of any (or no) faith or background.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction. Women, people of color, differently abled people, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.