Bend the Arc is a movement of tens of thousands of progressive Jews across America who are working together to achieve our vision: to transform our country to be inclusive, equitable, and actively supportive of the dignity of every person and of all communities impacted by structural inequality. We are the only national Jewish organization focused exclusively on issues of justice and equity in the U.S.
Bend the Arc has staff-led chapters in Southern California, the Bay Area, and New York, along with 10+ volunteer-led groups across the country (and growing).
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of:
- Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) education, training, and leadership arm;
- Bend the Arc: Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) organizing and advocacy arm; and
- Bend the Arc: Jewish Action PAC, our political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates for federal office who champion our values.
Project Goals and Scope of Services
Bend the Arc is seeking the services of a freelance email writer and strategist to help us reach our goal of raising $45,000 for our PAC and endorsed candidates through emails to our supporters before November 6, 2018. The consultant will be responsible for suggesting and drafting emails and landing pages, testing, and tracking metrics. Their goal will be to increase the number of people who become donors to the PAC and our endorsees. Their writing will support Bend the Arc’s overall narrative, and the PAC’s messaging for the 2018 election. We anticipate this work will be about 4-8 hours per week, and the consultant will serve on the coordinated side of Bend the Arc’s firewall.
Tasks could include but may not be limited to the following criteria:
- If experienced in NationBuilder: handle all email production.
- Join a 30 minute weekly planning call to review past email performance and upcoming opportunities.
- Author 4-5 fundraising emails per month, some scheduled in advance and some rapid response.
- Author landing page copy as needed.
- Propose and create email copy and subject lines to test performance with different segments of the list.
- Track, analyze, and share metrics to influence tactics and further testing.
Timeline and Submission of Proposals
As we are looking to begin this project quickly, responses must be received no later than September 7, 2018 and should be emailed to email@example.com with "RFP: PAC email Consultant" in the subject line of your message. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the consultancy will be contacted.
Bend the Arc can begin the project in early September 2018, and it will conclude on November 9, 2018.
Elements of Proposal
A submission must include the following elements:
- The consultant’s resume, or a description of the consultant’s experience that includes a general overview.
- Three political fundraising emails authored by the consultant.
- Names and contact information for 1-3 client references. Bend the Arc reserves the right to contact the references provided, as well as other references, without prior notification to the consultant.
In evaluating bids for this project, Bend the Arc places high value on the following factors:
- Ability to work on a coordinated campaign in this election cycle (i.e. not currently working on an Independent Expenditure campaign).
- Demonstration of past success in email fundraising for political candidates with the ability to provide clear metrics.
- Previous experience working on or with political campaigns, and/or on political campaign finance teams.
- Experience working with NationBuilder and Wordpress.
- Experience working and managing projects remotely.
Bend the Arc has a maximum budget of $4,000 for this scope of work and seeks competitive bids and best offers.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment for all positions and job classifications, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This consultancy description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the work. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the contracted work. Consultant will need to enter into a contract with Bend the Arc outlining details of the scope of work, timeline, deliverables and payment.