Take action in solidarity with Buffalo
On May 14, ten Black people in Buffalo, NY were murdered by someone driven by a dangerous white nationalist ideology. That ideology connects this tragedy to other acts of deadly violence, including against Jewish people in Pittsburgh and against immigrants and Latinx people in El Paso.
None of us are safe until all of us are safe. We urge you to donate what you can to support these organizations in Buffalo who are working to support the community on the ground.
1. Donate to support the Black community in Buffalo
These direct fundraising asks are rooted in our understanding of the systemic white supremacy experienced by the community and the impact of the current closure of TOPS Supermarket:
• Black Love Resists in the Rust: Black-led organization focused on developing BIPOC leaders locally and running campaigns to redefine public safety
• VOICE Buffalo: A faith-based community organizing project (formerly a part of FIA/PICO)
• African Heritage Food Cooperative: Member-owned food cooperative focusing on sustained access and Black ownership
• Open Buffalo: A racial, economic, and ecological justice civic organization focused on leadership development, advocacy, and organizing
• Every Bottom Covered: The only diaper bank in Western New York
2. Join a Bend the Arc chapter to organize locally
Bend the Arc is organizing around the country — in the streets and on Zoom — to build a country that’s truly for all of us. Together, we show up alongside communities under attack, hold elected officials accountable, and win progressive victories at the local, state, and national level. Find a local group near you.