Job Opening: Staff Assistant, Part-Time, Temporary
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Washington, D.C.
Bend the Arc is building the power and passion of the progressive Jewish movement in America by bringing together Jews from across the country to advocate and organize for a more just and equal society. We are the only national Jewish organization that is focused solely on promoting these values here in the U.S.
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) organizing, education and leadership arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) advocacy arm; and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates who share our vision for a more just and equal society. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with chapters organizing nationwide.
Reporting to the Deputy Washington Director, the Staff Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support for the legislative and political work of the organization, Bend the Arc Jewish Action and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC. The Staff Assistant will work under general guidance and some limited supervision. Responsibilities may include communication and coordination with all levels of internal and external stakeholders, receiving and screening calls, making travel and meeting arrangements, and preparing correspondence. This position may also provide basic office management support.
- Maintain congressional relationship information in the organization’s management database
- Assist Director and Deputy Director in drafting and sending of Capitol Hill communications
- Assist PAC Director in tracking contributions from donors and disbursements to endorsed candidates
- Provide logistical and scheduling support for PAC phone meetings and events
- Track political news, polling, and emerging research as requested
- Staff Washington Director at events in D.C.
- Take notes on phone and in-person briefings when staff are otherwise engaged
- Provide additional administrative support for staff as requested, including potentially connected to the office’s relocation
- Work on special projects as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of previous experience providing administrative support
- Experience with Google platforms (Gmail, Drive, Docs, etc.) required
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge and/or CQ Knowlegis is a plus
- Prior Hill and/or political campaign experience is a plus but not required
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to track multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- A commitment to social justice
Compensation and Hours:
This is a part-time position. Schedule is up to 2.5 days (20 hours) per week. Flexible schedule, but would need a commitment to mutually agreed upon work days. This is a temporary position lasting through August 31, 2018.
Please submit your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Staff Assistant” in the subject line of your message. Your cover letter should share why you want to work at Bend the Arc. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.