In observant Jewish tradition, acts of public prayer require at least 10 people to gather to form a minyan.
We cannot pray alone, and we cannot affect change alone. Do you have ten friends who are just as passionate and engaged as you? In this moment of political crisis, we’re calling on progressive Jews across the country to gather to form Moral Minyans for acts of public protest, solidarity, and organizing as part of a national network of Jewish Resistance.
People who become leaders of Moral Minyans have a variety of skills and experience levels. We provide trainings and support for activists in our network who are organizing their Jewish community in living rooms and in the streets.
Ready? Fill out our short survey here. If you still have questions, read on below!
|TAKE THE SURVEY|
"My husband and I thought an activist would come and lead us after we cleaned the living room. We realized WE had to make this happen. ‘Us??’ But we decided to step up, that now is the time to stretch ourselves."
— Esther, new Bay Area leader
Why should I form a moral minyan?
If you’re looking for a way to meaningfully participate in the fight against the Trump agenda, begin building a community that helps each other take sustained action, learn new organizing skills, and partner across lines of race, faith, and class.
You’ll be part of a national network of moral minyans that is activating the unique moral power of American Jews to work together on campaigns to support communities under attack, to fight back against extremist legislation, and to win power in upcoming elections.
What's expected of me?
Read the list of Moral Minyan principles below and make sure you can agree to them:
- You agree to participate in Bend the Arc’s national network of progressive Jews fighting the Trump and rightwing agenda.
- You agree to make use of the actions, information, resources, and tools for outreach that Bend the Arc will share with you.
- You will commit to having someone from your group join monthly calls.
- You support the vision of an inclusive, equitable nation that’s supportive of the the dignity of every person across race, class, gender, age, ability, sexual orientation, and faith.
- Your moral minyan will strive to embody our values: moral courage, partnership, impact, equity, and resilience.
If you can agree to the above principles, the next step is to fill out our Moral Minyan survey and recruit some friends to lead with you.
We are hosting a series of information calls about Bend the Arc: Jewish Action and the Moral Minyan program in the next few weeks. We ask you to recruit at least three friends or colleagues to join you on an information call. Moral Minyans are powerful, but they are even stronger with more leaders — you need a team! We look forward to connecting with you soon!