Ron DeSantis just announced his bid for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
Like Trump and other MAGA Republicans, DeSantis wants to rule over our country — not represent us.
As governor of Florida, he made the state “openly hostile toward African Americans, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals.”1 As president of the United States, he would be a danger to all of us.
Here are some examples of DeSantis’ vision for our country:
In 2024 we’ll do it again: mobilize thousands of Jewish Americans to rise up for multiracial democracy at the local, state, and national levels.
Rabbi Jason Kimelman-Block
Washington Director, Bend the Arc: Jewish Action
1. New York Times, N.A.A.C.P. Issues Florida Travel Advisory, Joining Latino and L.G.B.T.Q. Groups
2. PinkNews, Ron DeSantis signs law giving doctors ‘right to discriminate’ against LGBTQ+ patients
3. The Washington Post, Florida passes bathroom bill in latest wave of anti-trans legislation
4. CBS News, DeSantis signs bill allowing Florida residents to carry concealed guns without a permit
5. U.S. News, Florida Abortion Ban Could Have Impact Beyond the State
6. Essence, Blocking African American Studies Is A Frightening Preview Of A DeSantis Presidency
7. The Washington Post, The first arrests from DeSantis’s election police take extensive toll