Ron DeSantis just announced his bid for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
Like Trump and other MAGA Republicans, DeSantis wants to rule over our country — not represent us.
As governor of Florida, he made the state “openly hostile toward African Americans, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals.”1 As president of the United States, he would be a danger to all of us.
Join Bend the Arc to fight back. Donate $18 now to block DeSantis and protect our freedoms and communities.
Here are some examples of DeSantis’ vision for our country:
In 2020, Bend the Arc mobilized the largest Jewish grassroots effort to kick white nationalism out of the White House and elect leaders who’d fight for all of us.
In 2024 we’ll do it again: mobilize thousands of Jewish Americans to rise up for multiracial democracy at the local, state, and national levels.
Whether it’s Trump, DeSantis, or any other MAGA Republican, donate $18 to make sure we have the resources we need to protect our freedoms and communities.
Rabbi Jason Kimelman-Block
Washington Director, Bend the Arc: Jewish Action
1. New York Times, N.A.A.C.P. Issues Florida Travel Advisory, Joining Latino and L.G.B.T.Q. Groups
2. PinkNews, Ron DeSantis signs law giving doctors ‘right to discriminate’ against LGBTQ+ patients
3. The Washington Post, Florida passes bathroom bill in latest wave of anti-trans legislation
4. CBS News, DeSantis signs bill allowing Florida residents to carry concealed guns without a permit
5. U.S. News, Florida Abortion Ban Could Have Impact Beyond the State
6. Essence, Blocking African American Studies Is A Frightening Preview Of A DeSantis Presidency
7. The Washington Post, The first arrests from DeSantis’s election police take extensive toll